DOES YOUR PATIENT HAVE ANY MEDICATION ISSUES?
Refer them to the Medwise Clinical Pharmacist service. We visit people in their home.
Medwise is contracted to the Western Bay of Plenty Primary Health Organisation (WBoPPHO), which has a contract with the BoPDHB to fund clinical pharmacist services.
REFER IF YOUR PATIENT:
- Has recently been in HOSPITAL (with potential medicine changes)
- Is taking MULTIPLE MEDICATIONS (to simplify, ensure appropriate dosing times, manage or prevent drug related problems)
- Is not achieving THERAPEUTIC OUTCOMES (for medication treated conditions such as diabetes, thyroid, hypertension, CHF, pain, gout, anti-coagulation)
- Taking medication with a HIGH RISK OF ADVERSE EFFECTS and/or MONITORING requirements (e.g. warfarin) or SYMPTOM management
- Is NON-ADHERENT or unable to manage their medicines
- Is CONFUSED or unclear about what, when, or how they should be taking their medicines and/or could benefit from medication education
- Needs help TAPERING, TITRATING or CHANGING a medication
HOW CAN PATIENTS BE REFERRED?
E-REFERRAL: via Medtech or via Bay Navigator
PHONE: 07 218 6337 (Medwise office Monday to Friday) or
FAX: 579 4222